If the site looks basic and simply delivers information, it could be a static website. A static web page displays the same information for all users, from all contexts. In Static Website if any changes are update required to make then it can only really be updated by someone with knowledge of website development. Static websites are the cheapest to develop and host, and many smaller companies still use these to get a web presence.
Advantages of static websites
- Simple to create and easy development
- Cheaper in the comparison of dynamic website design
- Easy crawling for search engines
- Cheap to host
Disadvantages of static websites
- Requires web development expertise to update site
- You have to wait for a website designer to have the time to make your changes
- Difficult to maintain when a web-pages increase more.
- Difficult to keep consistent and up to date.
- No online login facility
- Private information cannot be kept here
- Site not as useful for the user
- Content can get stagnant
- Could cost you more in the long run depending on the frequency of the updates